Monday, November 7, 2016

Parade of Souls - Eastland Memorial 2015

I recorded this at the huge 2015 memorial for the Eastland Disaster on location between Clark and LaSalle Streets along the Chicago River. It was the 100th anniversary of Chicago's worst disaster, and my grandmother was one of the fortunate survivors, but 844 others were not so lucky.

Many people link this event to the dozens of Chicago haunt stories, especially where the bodies were laid for identification (later becoming Harpo Studios) but also this actual spot on the Chicago River. 

I MAY have recorded the actual sound of one of these ghosts! Listen towards the beginning when right after she sings "Today I die alone, die alone" there is an awful scream. No one heard this while we were there! It only emerged later after I cleaned up the audio to make this video. There were no edits done either. I have no idea what the scream is (actually twice in the video) and can only guess it may be one of the poor souls crying out at that moment hearing about dying alone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment